Sunday, February 23, 2014

What I got.

 

I mentioned in yesterday's post that I got something else at the antique mall. No, I didn't get corn cob jelly! Seriously, though, what is corn cob jelly? It sounds disgusting. The first ingredient is extract of corn cobs. This jar was part of the display from which I did get some things. The whole reason I went to the antique mall was to find a glass jar for my makeup brushes (plus, I just love glass jars). When I got there, there was a brand new display of glass jars and other glass containers (click photo for a better view)!




It was as if they knew I was coming there in search of this very thing. So, I did come home with a few pieces. These were all anywhere between $1.00 and $3.00!


I'm pretty sure this one is just a mustard jar, but I couldn't resist the cheery sun on the lid. I definitely did not need this jar!:


I think my favorite thing is this candy jar. It's super tiny. I'm not going to use it for candy, but I was thinking it would be cute in the bathroom to use for cotton balls or something:


I also really love this rectangular hobnail dish. It's like the size of a big bar of soap. I'm not sure what I'm going to use this one for, yet. I'm sure it will end up in the bathroom, as well.

So I went for one glass jar and came home with too many other things I didn't need. Sounds about right.

You know what is annoying, though? Why do these sellers always use the kind of sticker that is impossible to remove? I guess it's just to avoid sticker-swapping, but it is a giant pain!

3 comments:

  1. I found something at thrift yesterday that made me think of you... This isn't my listing but it is the exact same thing... https://www.etsy.com/listing/178572817/red-art-deco-tin-sewing-caddy-with
    It is SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome shop to have so many cool jars, all in one place! I love quirky vintage jars, some of them have really great graphics and such. Great finds!!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!