Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday vintage goodness and a new cuff.

While I was away from the blog, I acquired a lot of vintage things that I never ended up showing you. So, on this lazy Sunday (actually, the only free time I've had in forever), I thought I'd show you a few things.

First up is this vintage floral canister:

I'd call it a thrift store score, but I got it at an antique shop (for thrift store price- just a couple of dollars). I really loved the color combo and couldn't pass it up.  I keep my coffee in it!

Next is this jug:

I have no idea how I'm going to use this, but I liked the rustic look of the worn-away, painted flowers. This was also just a few dollars. Right now I keep it on my bookshelf while I think of a good use for it.

I love this one so much:

I picked up this vintage McCoy planter/vase while antiquing with my boyfriend the last time we were in Minnesota visiting his family. I want to say it was between $8.00 and $10.00, so not exactly a thrift store score. I love the shape and the circular pattern.

Here's something of my mom's that she saw me admiring and let me take it home:

It's a very flat (maybe one inch tall) round container with an embroidered top. The fabric is under glass. I just use it for my rubber bands and some random soft jewelry at the moment.

Is it just me or do these types of rubber bands remind anyone else of the rubber bands you have to wear when you have braces? I remember those, and they were the worst! I actually only use these kinds of bands for the teeny ends at the end of braids.

Ok, I'll save the rest of my vintage finds for another day. I did want to show you a new cuff I just listed in the shop:




I really love this knotted design! Plus, I just realized that my daughter can be my arm model. Why did I never think of that?

I hope you're all having a great weekend!


6 comments:

  1. I love the McCoy planter and the jug! Makes me very nostalgic. Fantastic finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new bracelet is so fabulous! I love the fabric and the knotted design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds ! My favorite being the 1 inch high round container.
    Beautiful cuff. The "knot" is the perfect touch. ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. someday... one of your cuffs will be mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the new cuff, beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!