Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Off topic, but something I'm loving.

I've never mentioned it here before, but I have a bit of a makeup addiction. I might have to start doing a Makeup Monday or something...like once a week I'll tell you one thing that I love (even though I know it's not Monday today, but Makeup Monday just sounds best). Today I'm just going to quickly tell you that I have a major thing for Nyx Butter Gloss.


I know most everyone knows about these already and they are not new, but I just had to mention them! The new line of colors just came out, and I had to run out and get one of them- Angel Food Cake, the one in the middle of the above photo. 


These glosses are cheap ($4.99 at Ulta, and some of you are even lucky to have Nyx at your Target, though I am not), and they smell like cake. Also, Ulta always seems to be running a buy one, get one half off on Nyx products sale. These glosses are not too sticky and they have great pigmentation!

(l-r: apple strudel, maple blondie, cherry cheesecake, tiramisu, angel food cake)

Yes, Cherry Cheesecake is orange. Like, really orange. But I swear it looks great on the lips in the summertime! My favorites are the two on the far right, Tiramisu and Angel Food Cake- especially Angel Food Cake. It's like the perfect neutral light mauve that I've been wearing every day since I got it. It shows up darker on my arm than it does on my lips. Here's a gross close-up of my lips:

(Unflattering close-up of Angel Food Cake)
Ok, even taking that photo felt pretty weird. Anyway, I hope this post wasn't annoying! If you'd like to see a Makeup Monday, let me know. If that would be super annoying on this blog, let me know that, too!

3 comments:

  1. I don't wear a lot of makeup myself, but I still like watching the trends, and what people are wearing, so I say go for it!! *smooch*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that color Amy! That is in my "palette" - I can never find the exact right mauve lately - AFC looks a tiny bit light, but it still might work - it figures you would like the same colors :). I better go to Ulta..
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I love it! It's seriously almost the exact color of my natural lips. I love that it's not too pink and not too brown. And you can build it up to make it less sheer. Since it's part of the new line, it seems to be always sold out at my ulta right now.

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!