Sunday, February 17, 2013

Breakfast and my new Nutribullet


After my last post, I decided to buy a Nutribullet. The photo above was my breakfast this morning (before I pulverized it!). It was baby spinach, raspberries, strawberries, pineapple and dried goji berries. So far I've made four or five drinks in the Nutribullet and I like it a lot. The trick is to make sure you don't overfill it, and also that the lid is on tightly before you start pulverizing. It's true, you don't taste the greens!

I've also been adding chia seeds to my smoothies, which I found out are insanely good for you (and don't seem to add any flavor!). So far, my favorite drink was one I made with a banana, peanut butter I had just ground fresh at the grocery store, oats, chia seeds and coconut milk. YUM! The Nutribullet comes with a milling blade, so I ground the raw oats and seeds before I threw them into the mix. Let me tell you, I'll be having that particular drink for breakfast a lot. It was so good!

If you want to get the best deal on a Nutribullet, I suggest you get one at Bed Bath and Beyond and use a 20% off coupon like I did. It came to $79.99 plus tax, which is even better than Target, where it currently sells for $99.00.

I'm really looking forward to increasing my nutrient intake. Even after just a few smoothies, I can feel a difference.  If any of you have any favorite smoothie/juicing recipes, please post them!

5 comments:

  1. I love smoothies. Our blender also came with a milling attachment, it's great for grinding up all kinds of things, like spices and nuts. I love peanut butter banana smoothies. Another really good and refreshing one is mango and mint with ice. I generally just use whatever we have at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum ... I use the good old blender for banana smoothies - I save the whey from my yoghurt, freeze it and then add it to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love smoothies! I have them for lunch quite often. My favorite, greek yogurt, spinach, banana, orange & a splash of coconut water! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear this! I have been wanting one of these but was waiting to hear a trusted opinion! We love fruit & yogurt smoothies but want to start adding greens.

    Btw ~ glad to see you are back to your blog. Even though, I am a mostly silent friend, I missed your lovely updates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog. Love it. I got my Nutri Bullet around the same time as you and I use it every single day. My routine is and handful of greens (spinach, kale, collards) 1/2 of a banana, fresh or frozen fruit...whatever I have (I'm on a kiwi kick right now), a couple of tablespoons of flax seeds. I like to use carrot juice (Bolthouse Farms is good) and coconut/almond milk. It's so good and so good for you! I love to plug all the ingredients into "my fitness pal" ap on my phone and see the nutritional values I just got. Great incentive!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!