Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weekend thrift store score.

Just a couple of thrifty finds this weekend:

 
I'm not usually a placemat type of girl, but I thought these vintage ones were so cute, and I also thought it might be kind of fun for Julia to set the table in a cute way for dinner. I couldn't resist the casserole dish (8 inches square) because it matches my sugar bowl in this post

Just when I thought I wouldn't be able to find anything else,  I spotted these milk glass trivets:


I always need trivets, and I love milk glass, so these were a nice find! I hope you found some thrifty goodness this weekend, too. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing your thrifty finds. I love to search for gems as well. We went to a thrift store yesterday where 100% of the profits go to the local animal humane society. You get to find good stuff and feel like you are helping the animals too. My daughter is into collecting vintage cameras so I found this 1979 Polaroid camera with the book and carrying bag for $3. I couldnt pass it up. Definitely going back again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome finds! i totally would have bought those very same things. and i really LOVE those milk glass coasters - i've never seen anything like those before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you mind telling how much you spent on the Pyrex? I'm curious b/c I live in the Dallas area, and I used to be able to buy them for around $4, but this past year I only see them for around $8! Ugh! Is that becoming the new standard price?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Anonymous! I can't remember for sure, but I think it was either $4.00 or $6.00! But you're right- I've noticed a price increase with these types of items lately.

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!