Friday, June 22, 2012

Garage sale vintage goodness!

Last week I picked up this great printers box type wall hanging at a garage sale. I bought a few great things at this sale, and the sweet lady running it gave this to me for free! It had broken shelves and the whole background was white. I glued the shelves and decided to paint a few random squares a mustard yellow. I had so much fun filling it up last night! Click to zoom:




It turns out it's a great place to hang my little orange owl. :) I really love how this turned out! It's hanging in my dining room. And I love the large size- it's three feet wide!

10 comments:

  1. WOW that's an amazing garage sale find!!

    It looks very nice on your wall. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty amazing! Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love it. I always have little knick knacks and don't know how to display them, this is an amazing idea, and I love how you painted random bits yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I'm jealous, that is a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dang girl, you are awesome with your finds, and you did quite an amazing job bringing this piece back to life. LOVE all your little details you filled it with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you see the potential in all of your finds. It displays your treasures beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy - It reminds me of the cover of the Birds, Bees and Monkees album!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your crocheted stones!!! so gorgeous!

    loveliest thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love where you hanged the little orange stringed owl.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!