Saturday, May 5, 2012

Remember this?

I picked up this old part of a desk a while back on an antique/thrifting excursion. I never got around to showing you what it ended up looking like! I guess I should've taken a picture before it got filled up with mail and stacked with books and other odds and ends. But here's the finished product (click to zoom):

It was a tough decision when it came to painting it or not, but I decided to go with the paint. It was just too beat up to leave it the way it was. Finding an old knob for the door was difficult. I had to find something that was the same color as the knobs on the drawers, and also find something that wasn't way too big (which was harder than I thought it would be. I finally found this knob on an old lone drawer at an antique store. I bought the drawer, which I'm going to end up using to do this! I've been wanting to do this for a long time and finally have enough old drawers to pull it off. I'll post pics when I'm done!

I hope you're all having a great Saturday!

8 comments:

  1. I love how it turned out! You really have an eye for these vintage finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Is it just sitting on your counter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect ~ you could not have gotten a better match with the knob! you have inspired me to get on the ball with my painting .. I am doing my kitchen chairs black.. it always seems like a daunting project before hand but so wonderful afterwards!

    love the drawer shelf idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Very Purty! Makes me miss garage sales and other fun, cheap rummage-y places!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it turned out beautifully, my friend! well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job ! It's nice to see the before and after photos !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hy swetie! this is beautiful! if you want to follow each other just tell me, kisses!

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey! visit and followed you here now already. will you visit and follow mine too? it was so pleasure for me. thank you there :D

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!