Thursday, April 12, 2012

You have to read this!

For those of you who don't know, I am 26 years older than my little sister, Sage. She is the sweetest little thing, and has always been quite the literary girl. She loves books and can recite them from memory in the cutest way. See this video I posted quite a while ago of her reciting a Beatrix Potter story entirely from memory.

The reason for today's post, though, is to show you the poem she wrote last night. I have to say, I think it's pretty brilliant for a seven (almost eight) year old! Take a look (or read it typed below the photo):

Rising of the Sun

Dark and cold, the black night.
Nothing to see. It's like the whole
world is nothing before me and I
have nothing to say. The
moon is my only friend.
Come back to me back to me
again. Then I see a blink of
light. The sun rises again.
Come alive the world is
bright forever and ever and ever.

I thought she had help writing it until my mom told me otherwise. Sage, I'm so proud of you!

8 comments:

  1. Wow ! It's lovely if she is writing like that at 7 look out there's going to be a exciting future for Sage. Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! What a doll she is .. I watched a bit of Mrs Tittlemouse .. it is amazing she can go on for nearly 10 minutes of memorization!! and the gestures .. oh my gosh .. she is just adorable... I do miss that age .. my Anna would recite the whole story of Bambi .. clean through. She is 21 now .. time passes so quickly! I wish I would have recorded her like you did of Sage.. that is wonderful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... that IS amazing. just wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told Sage that I'm framing this, it's so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom, you SHOULD frame it- can you make a copy so I can frame it, too? I want to hang it by my bookshelf..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome little poetess to the wonderful world of words...
    Once when I was much younger I had mistaken the bright full moon light for the sun. The moon is indeed a good friend.

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!