Tuesday, April 10, 2012

An AWESOME show, a thrift store score and more!

I cannot begin to tell you how AMAZING the First Aid Kit show in Chicago was on Friday night. These girls are beyond talented, gorgeous and you can just tell they have good hearts. We were lucky enough to be at the very front of the stage. Here are a few pics I took with the camera on my phone:





It was hard to get any good photos with the mix of darkness, colored spotlights and smoke. I have to tell you, these girls get absolutely NO help from a recording studio...they sound exactly the same (even better) live! Not only that, they really make you think- and make you just want to be...better!

Here is the poster I picked up at the show:

I love it so much, and it's a nice 18x24 size:

On to my thrift store score! I picked up this super sweet vintage sugar and creamer set on my lunch break yesterday:

I love how the insides are pink. I already have two sugar and creamer sets of a similar design that have aqua on the inside. I just couldn't pass up this set for $4.00!

This weekend I also went to the Grayslake Antique Flea Market in Grayslake, IL. I picked up this great vintage plant stand. I've been wanting one of these exact stands for ages!:

I always see them selling online for around $70.00-$80.00 (and with expensive shipping!). I got this one for $27.00. I think that's a deal! Now I just have to figure out where to put it (and get some succulents I won't immediately kill).

4 comments:

  1. Awesome thrift store scores. . . and that poster is wonderful! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool Amy! Even though these amazing sisters comes from the same city and live in the same area as myself, I have not seen them live yet...buhu :( But perhaps I get to see them supporting Jack White here in europe! That poster is awesome, do you know who made it? Would love to buy one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helllooo Carolina! The poster should be available here soon: http://www.etsy.com/shop/annebenjamin

    (hopefully, as it says on her blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love their CD and am happy to hear they are great in concert, too!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!