Monday, March 12, 2012

A Shabby Apple dress review and a coupon for you!

Oh, how I love this dress! I was thrilled when Shabby Apple contacted me to do a dress review. As you probably all know, they have the most wonderful vintage-inspired women's dresses! In these photos, I'm wearing the Frabjous Day dress from their new Mad Hatter collection.

This dress is so pretty and just in time for spring/summer! I will tell you that it is a tiny dress, so I would recommend maybe getting a size up than you would normally wear. I am wearing the size 4. And although I'm actually a couple inches smaller up top than this size recommends you be, the dress is snug around the shoulders when I lift my arms.

This dress is very well-made, and very flattering! It is very soft and light and has a lining, too. Oh, and look at that gorgeous pleating detail on the bottom.

I do wish they had put the zipper on the back instead of a short zipper on the side. Even though this dress fits me like a glove, taking it on and off is on the difficult side. You can't step into it; it has to be pulled over your head and the zipper is not as long as I'd like it to be. I did have that scary moment when I thought I'd be stuck in it. Alas, that wasn't the case!

I do recommend you head right over to Shabby Apple and do some window shopping of your own! For the next 30 days, Shabby Apple is offering a 10% discount to all ponder and stitch readers! Just enter the code "ponderandstitch10off" at checkout for the discount.

Yay!

7 comments:

  1. Amy, I LOVE this dress! It is so pretty and looks as if it were custom made just for you. Very flattering. What a great name for it, too!
    "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!' He chortled in his joy"
    I love Jabberwocky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a perfect spring dress and it looks amazing on you! Orangies Attic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pattern on that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks very well fitted---so cute for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm your 1000 follower! Fantastic blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a knockout anyway, but this dress is stunning on you!

    Katie- Hems For Her

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!