Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thrift store score!!

I'm loving my latest thrift store score! I picked up this beeeeyoutiful chair right before the holidays and haven't had a minute to blog about it since! I saw the shape and knew it was something special. After a little research, I found that it's one of these. This chair has been reissued and replicas from the original mold are still being made today, but this one is a late 1950's original!

It's not in immaculate shape, but for $6.00, it was a steal! I'm kind of ashamed (ok, really ashamed) to admit that there were four of these chairs at the thrift store, and I only bought one. However, the other three were in such bad condition you probably couldn't even sit on them without them crashing to the ground. Still. I'm an idiot for not getting them. Those ones were only $4.00!

Oh, well. Live and learn, right?! Notice Kitterson admiring the chair- I think he likes it! ;)

14 comments:

  1. That is indeed a fantastic chair. I rarely find anything good at my local thrift store, and certainly NOTHING like this chair! What a great find :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's great!
    i'm not so lucky with my thrift store finds either ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... ok now .. I have always loved your "finds"
    You have most excellent taste!
    But I must say ... this one WoW! I am jealous!!!
    Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful chair! What a unique shape. Your kitty does seem to appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. incredible design for a STEAL - great eye to know that you couldn't live without this chair :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that chair! How on earth do you manage to find these things for almost nothing is amazing! I need to get myself over to the states again and buy some old fantastic cheap stuff. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really has style ! But what to do with chairs you couldn't sit on anyway ?
    Happy new year and welcome back on the blog (was sort of starting to wonder what was happenning ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a gorgeous chair! Has your cat claimed it by now. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was meant to be a question, about the cat. It's late, my fingers are tired...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's probably fine that you left the other ones, they may have ended up in the "to do something with" pile for quite some time. My own dining table chairs that we sit on every single night are creaky and one threatens to dump whoever dares sit on it....I for one would never have gotten around to fixing up 3 others even though they're stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa, that chair is heavenly!! What a score.. and that rug is pretty awesome as well :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!