Thursday, December 15, 2011

WHAT A NIGHT!


Last night was amazing! As you already know from this post, I am a huge fan of A Christmas Story. What you don't know is that I work closely with the stage adaptation of this show for my day job. The publishing company where I work holds the rights to this play, and now there is a new musical version! Last night, the entire staff was invited to attend opening night of A Christmas Story, The Musical! at The Chicago Theatre. It was AMAZING.

We also got V.I.P. passes to the afterparty. I was so lucky to meet authors with whom I've been working for years, but never actually met in person. I also got to meet the producer of the show, Peter Billingsley!! That's Ralphie from the original movie, of course!

Julia got to meet him, too. He was so sweet, and his eyes are shockingly blue! It was definitely a night to remember. Getting to bed at 2 a.m. wasn't as fun. Work is going to be tough today!

12 comments:

  1. How amazing!! That looks like you had a wonderful time. And what a handsome adult Ralphie turned into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome! awww such an adorable picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is my fave Christmas movie!!!! Aww Ralphie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - Amy that's so great, since you love the movie so much. I was just going to tell you about the musical, but it looks like you've known about it for some time.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like it was really a lot of fun!! I'm honestly not a big fan of the movie...but I think I would enjoy it as a play/musical.

    P.S. Holy wow did he grow up to be cute!! And those eyes! drool worthy. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you, Amy. Ralphie!? you met Ralphie! Love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. amy...I promise I did not write that twice...

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!