Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Why I just had a mild heart attack...

This was the first year since being a mom (11 years) that I did not have my daughter for Halloween. She was with her dad this year, and for the first time ever, he took her shopping for a costume. I had no idea what the costume looked like until today.

Before we get to that part, I want to show you this photo of my sister Sage. She's seven years old and the sweetest little thing ever. She went as Cleopatra this year. It's weird to see her with such dark hair since she's pretty much blonde!:

Sweet, right? Exactly.

......
..........
...............
...................

Now imagine coming home from work as I just did, walking into the kitchen and around the corner and seeing my daughter standing there in this:

..........
................
.....................

She was just standing there all still with her arms down just WAITING for me to get home. It might not look that scary in this pic but when you walk into a dark kitchen and aren't expecting an evil skeleton demon devil jester waiting there for you, it's terrifying.

TERRIFYING. For some reason this post reminds me of this post from exactly two years ago. I guess she's always had a thing for scaring me to death.

P.S. If you haven't already done so, you MUST enter this giveaway immediately! The odds right now are INSANELY good and the prize is a $90.00 dress! Good luck. :)

14 comments:

  1. LOL! That is hilarious (since you didn't have an actual heart attack, that is!) That would freak me out too! hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I had a heart attack just scrolling down and seeing a picture of the scary evil skeleton jester. Seeing it in person? OMG, I can't imagine surviving!!!!
    Julia Belle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely hilarious. Your daughter sounds like a hoot and a half. (I, too, am terrified of clowns, and hope that a slew of dear ones never see that post, lest I start waking in a similar manner.)
    And that sister of yours is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome costume Julia!!!! That is great how she had it on right when got home from work, so you weren't even expecting it when you walked in the door!! (You will never guess who is writing this comment, hehe) Well, maybe I will give you a hint... Sincerely, Blog Stalker

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my! i would have peed my pants!

    oh, and your sister is adorable. also how strange is it that you have a sister that is younger than your daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, that is hilarious and terrifying at the same time. I read your old post and you and I share a fear of clowns. Julia has quite the sense of humour. Sage makes a beautiful Cleopatra.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! Adorable! Love both costumes. Yes, I would have been a little scared myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. !!!!! THAT IS FRIGHTENING!! Amy - I take it Julia has never been even the slightest bit scared by clowns. That Halloween costume is downright evil (yet a bit funny too!) Do you think she would have been something different if you had taken her costume shopping?

    I might want to go to that craft fair that you are in - but with the parade, I can imagine it being super crowded...
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay, i find this pretty hilarious! i like julia's style :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's HILARIOUS. Nowadays costumes are all so cute, I sometimes forget that scary costumes even exist!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can we just talk about this Cleopatra costume? I dressed as Cleopatra in the 4th grade and it was my most favorite costume ever! Same kinda of wig thing even!

    BTW not sure if you remember me- I ordered the customized "Ancora Imparo" cuff two summers ago?

    Well, I have a blog now, and I would LOVE for you to check it out if you get a chance!

    PS Read any good books lately??

    Katie
    hemsforher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate it when people sneak up on you and scare you.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!