Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My first show is behind me!

Boy, am I exhausted. I don't remember the last time I've been so tired (which is why you'll see no photos of me in this post!). HoneyCraft was loads of fun, even if I only got two hours of sleep the night before and looked like a zombie the entire day!

Do you see Julia trying to hide from the camera in the photo above? Haha, like mother, like daughter!

I know my table looks really cluttered...and I suppose it was... but it was really cute in person, loaded with dainty florals and vintage fabrics.

I got the pleasure of having a table right next to the amazing Lisa of That Old Blue House. Not only was she the sweetest person in the world, but her pieces were GORGEOUS! It was so wonderful to see them in person, and to meet an Etsy friend in person, too!

I was able to make back the booth fee many times over, so it wasn't a total bust! I do have a TON of stuff leftover (I mean a TON), so I'll be photographing everything and putting some new things in the shop every day. I've already started listing, and that means zip pouches are coming to the shop, too! :)

Overall, it was extremely time-consuming getting ready for the show, and really stressful for me. I get nervous easily! I had fun, though- I just need a break before doing it again (and LOTS of beauty sleep!).

Now it's time to get to work on my inbox. I am so behind!

10 comments:

  1. Amy, I love your table. It looks warm and inviting and full of treasures. My last show of the season is this Saturday and as much as I enjoy doing shows, I am looking forward to a little down time. Rest well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your placement of everything on the table! Also love the wooden "Ponder" necklace holder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you did great. This definitely sounds like a very tiring and fun show and your set up looks really cute and whimsical. I've done a few shows but I've never really felt that they work for me. The only show I've been to that's worth mention was at my college and it was a very special occasion 2 years ago. They had never organized another. I hope you have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table looks great and so happy that you did well...even if you were a zombie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!!! Love your display .. so you.. beautiful, clever a lot of fun!!
    To be in a show is my next adventure. Wonderful you had a positive experience.. the next will be even better♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome that you got to meet an Etsy friend! Your booth looks great. It completely fits your shop style. The first show is definitely the hardest. They get easier so stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table is beautiful. I've never had luck at events like this so it's nice to hear of someone who has. :) Love the cute touches you added to your display. Who thinks to use a tray table for display? So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so much fun being at the show with you!! Your table was fantastic & you were cute as bug....didn't even look tired! And Julia is a sweetheart! So what if we did a little robotting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad your first show went well!!! I can't wait until you list more cuffs, I will be getting one for myself for a Christmas gift

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table is so adorable! I'm hoping to do a craft show someday and posts like this make me even more excited about it. I just found your Etsy shop today and I am completely in love with your cuffs. They are so beautiful and unique!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!