Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's a major award!

It's indescribably beautiful!!! It reminds me of the 4th of July! Yes, this beeeeyoutiful lamp is currently in my front window in all its leggy glory. It was an early Christmas present from my wonderful boyfriend and his parents. I cannot believe I actually own a leg lamp!!

A Christmas Story is one of my all-time favorite movies, so I am more than thrilled to own this beauty! My boyfriend surprised me the other night while I was out of the house by setting it up in my living room and then driving me past the front window as soon as it was dark. I cannot tell you how shocked I was to see this as we drove by the house!

So tell me, how many of you would be mortified to have a neighbor with this lamp in the window?! lol... I haven't talked to any of my neighbors yet, so I don't know what they're thinking.

P.S. I just made this for dinner. Ok, so it's not the healthiest thing in the world...but YUM!

P.P.S. I have the best boyfriend in the whole world. :)

20 comments:

  1. We went to the Christmas Story museum earlier this year and loved it! Many of the houses in the neighborhood had leg lamps in their windows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I love it! love. it. I would be proud to be your neighbour and yes, you do have the best boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd think my neighbors were a lot cooler if they had that lamp! It's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like santa.




    i like the wizard of oz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous- i knew you were going to say that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to follow you on Pinterest!! Also, I made something almost like this for dinner tonight. I agree...not the healthiest but ooohh so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is, quite possibly, the coolest gift ever!

    "Fra-gee-lay. Hmm. Must be Italian."

    ReplyDelete
  8. You used all the glue on purpose!!!!!!!!! :-)

    My all time fave too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's too perfect! My boys and hubby love that movie, so they'd be tickled to see that in our window or anyones for that matter. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG AMY!!! I was going to make that same tater tot casserole for dinner, but at the last minute did a different tater tot casserole because I didn't have enough cheddar cheese (Chuck loved it - ground beef, cream of chix soup/onion soup mix, green beans, tater tots on top).
    We are still sharing a brain!
    Lisa (mom)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! what a great surprise from your boyfriend. Honestly I would laugh if one of my neighbors had one of these lamps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what's your pinterest name Amy??? & Christmas Story is def my fave Christmas film. One of my faves any time of year. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so hilarious!! Well, if my neighbor had one in their window - I'd be very glad. We could enjoy it without having to tussle over where it would look right in our house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Amy!
    Love your posts and everyone of them :)

    I love your little finds! you seriously amaze me with your skills of sorting through the bad and finding the good :)

    Can you please follow my blog :) http://thimble-pie.blogspot.com/

    im only just starting up a blog again :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jealous...classic Christmas decor right there :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this leg lamp. I love how it's a leg on a lamp. Very nice.


    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete
  17. My new, very conservative neighbors are aghast at the blazon harlot's leg in my window. Before long, they asked if it is just a Christmas decoration, and, much to their chagrin, I replied "Nope, I earned that ´Major Award".

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!