Friday, September 2, 2011

Goodbye, tree. :(

This is my house. Please disregard all the yardwork/trimming that needs to be done. This morning I woke up to find a big white X on this tree, with a note from the city saying it's going to be cut down. This tree might not look so big here, but it IS! It is old and has a history and gives my house lots of shade (which it needs, since I have no central air!). I just hate knowing it's going to be gone.

I live on a corner. I found out the city is pulling up the sidewalk on the corner and redoing it with a slope to make it handicap accessible. Apparently the sidewalk needs to be lowered, and it can't be lowered until the tree is gone. At least the tree is being removed for a good cause. I'm just sad to see it go. :(

On to other things...

Julia started 6th grade a couple of weeks ago. Today, she brought home her first one of these! I asked her what she answered the boy and she said she hasn't given him an answer yet. Also, I hope she never sees this blog post or she will just die. lol

****Update: Crap. She saw it. lol

Have a great weekend, everyone!

16 comments:

  1. That note is adorable! I remember getting notes like that. Kinda wish boys still did that. Like instead of asking for your number in a bar, they'd pass you a note. Lol

    Goodbye tree :( I bet your yard will look much bigger though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so sad for your tree. It's just beautiful. That note is great! I'm a bit concerned about his lack of punctuation. I'd watch your daughter around him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, Liz! Yes, the lack of punctuation made me cringe. hahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about that tree! We had a huge wind storm a while ago and it uprooted the oldest, most wonderful trees in my city, it was so sad!

    And this is off topic, but will you be at Renegade on the 11th?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yulia- I'll be at Renegade (as a shopper, not a vendor!)on the 10th..the Saturday.. although, I'll be buying a weekend train pass so if I wanted to go again on Sunday, I could. The train ride to Chicago would be free since I'll have already paid for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I see. I'm not sure which day I'm going, because I work in the afternoon on the 10th. But I'll definitely let you know. I never got around to writing you back, so if I run into you, it would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :( I have cried when trees get cut down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) Haha!! So cute, Julia's note! What is she going to say?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about your tree. :( And you'll have to deal with the construction, too...Bleh. Those notes crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about the tree! I know exactly how you feel! I had a tree cut down in front of two houses I have lived in, and it was traunatic both times!

    Love the note! Has the boy gotten his answer now?

    ReplyDelete
  11. sad for the tree :( i don't like to hear that.

    here you go (with the notes...)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooooo upset about the tree! They should move the sidewalk, NOT the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! I know that pain. We've removed several large specimens due to interference with our foundation. Sometimes it has to happen, but that doesn't make it easy. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sad about the tree.

    My girl is all grown up now.
    Those sweet, innocent years were such a joy , then came the day she told me I had changed. Ha, ha. A few hellish years of teen angst to survive and it turns sweet again.

    I just discovered your blog and I'm truly loving it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember those notes. When I was a kid, they said "Do you want to go around?" :)

    ~Shawna @ iamthat-shawna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!