Monday, August 8, 2011

Where to begin? Lots of photos!

Ok, I'm going to try my best not to bore you guys! I have picked a handful out of over 400 photos of my trip. I had the best time! It is amazingly beautiful out west. I mean, doesn't this look fake?!:
Don't forget to click photos for a better look! First up... Arches National Park in Moab, Utah. It had the most amazing and gigantic rock formations. These photos don't do them any kind of justice.

You can see people in this one, which will give you an idea of size:

This was a huge balanced rock. Again, see the people for size reference:

This is the same balanced rock from far away, lol:

After Utah, we drove to Arizona. It was SO awesome to be driving and seeing views like this:

I mean, the only thing to see in Illinois is cornfields! Ok, Grand Canyon time:

The Grand Canyon is sooo wonderful. It was overcast when we went, so I can't wait to get back there one day and stay for the sunset.




I found this rock while we were there...how PERFECT is it? I think you're not supposed to take rocks, so let's just say I put it down right where I found it. Ok?:

I could show you photos of the Grand Canyon all day long and it wouldn't even begin to show how amazing it is. We also went to Sedona, which is gorgeous! I'll have to show those photos in another post. So, on to Las Vegas. Las Vegas was just not my cup of tea. Just too...*much*. And that's all I'm going to say about that! I guess I'm too old fashioned. BUT, Las Vegas was also where I experienced the very best part of the whole entire trip:

Seeing the Cirque du Soleil Beatles LOVE show at The Mirage was beyond incredible!!


If you are a huge Beatles fan like me, this show will absolutely bring you to tears. I have NEVER seen anything cooler!!!

SO, the saving grace of Las Vegas was the Beatles show. And maybe him:

But mostly him:
Here's a photo I snapped from the car as we were driving back to Colorado to catch the train:

It's not great because it was taken through a window. It was much prettier in person...I just love when the sun beams through the clouds like that.

Tomorrow I'll show you some of the things I brought home with me!

10 comments:

  1. Ohh how fun! Love your pictures!

    I told you you would have more fun at the antique shops in boulder city rather then in "Las Vegas". There are lots of beautiful places away from the (sleazy) strip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE road trips!

    your photos are adorable, and you and your girl are gorgeous oh and you and your husband too! you saw such a beautiful part of the country (minus l.v.) and i do hope you get back to the grand canyon for sun, sunset and even snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your last photo-it reminds me of when I was a child over 60 years ago and when there were sunbeams coming from the clouds my mum would say to me "God's Talking"---I still say it to this day and my children and grand children now say it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fallon- Unfortunately, we didn't get to stop in Boulder City! I DID, though, go to the Antique Mall of America, which was just down the street from our hotel. I felt way more 'at home' in there than on the strip. haha.. I'm sure I missed a ton of beautiful stuff in Las Vegas!

    Lori Ann- thank you! (and he's just my boyfriend!)lol

    Doreen, that's a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, looks like so much fun! The last shot of the sun beams is great. My husband and I would love to go to Vegas one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an amazing trip! I would love to go to the Grand Canyon someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy that you had such an awesome trip. I look forward to see more of those super gorgeous pictures. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic pics and looks like fun for all was had! Thanks for sharing and looking forward to a road trip of my own soon! Yes, huge Beatles fan here :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great trip! I really want to get to the Grand Canyon, looks amazing. We love Vegas and we've seen a few Cirque shows, they are always awe inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos! Looks like such a fun trip! When Chris and I just got married, we did a road trip from MD to Cali and did lots of backpacking. Arches was my favorite. We camped on the edge of this cliff ledge a few miles from Balanced Rock. It was amazing.We also hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon (and back). Some of the best memories ever.

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!