Thursday, August 11, 2011

Stuff I brought home with me!

There's no doubt about it. I spent the most (and way too much) money at the Beatles store at The Mirage before we saw the Cirque du Soleil show. I did get one thing I didn't buy myself, though. My boyfriend's mom bought me the coolest wallet ever!! Front:

Back:

Inside:

I love it so much! Then I got this patch for my messenger bag:

I also got some posters and magnets which I haven't photographed. My favorite thing was probably this shirt:

It is soooo comfy, just like wearing pjs!

I knew that something I really wanted to get while in AZ was a turquoise ring, a dainty one that would always remind me of my trip. I ended up getting this one at a little shop at the Grand Canyon:

It's really tiny in person and I love it! By the way, I love the shape so much that if any jewelry makers out there are reading this and think they could make a similar one with different stones, I'm all ears!

Ok, you all know I love and collect rocks. I couldn't resist getting this big chunk of green calcite. It reminded me of a glacier or an iceberg. I just love it!

Oh, and I got this amazing tea from the Grand Canyon shop:

I knew I needed a nice vintage mug from far away for the tea, so I got this one at a little resale shop in Jerome, AZ, which is the coolest little artist town:

See the rocks behind the mug? I snagged these from a bunch of different places and they are all special to me! The stack of stones in the very back was actually from my boyfriend. It's a little Sedona keepsake I'll always love!

P.S. Did you know the McDonalds restaurants in Sedona do NOT have golden arches?! They're turquoise!!! I have never seen such a thing in my life!

Have a great night, everyone. :)

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had lots of fun and snagged lots of goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the wallet although I never really cared for the Beatles.

    PD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love collecting turquoise! Got that habit from my mom :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! you found some awesome goodies!!!!!!
    Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you get a pic of the turquoise arches?? I would love to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, i love your finds, turquoise is a lovely stone. i'm like you and pick up things that remind me of a place and a great memory. cute t too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meghan- I wish I had gotten a photo, but I was just driving by at the time. It was pretty neat. lol

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!