Sunday, July 3, 2011

Five ugly things I DIDN'T buy today, plus nature walk pics.

Let's go with the nature walk pics first, shall we? As always, click to zoom for crisper views.


I called this one the molecule plant:





While I was trying to get pics of the dragonfly above, my boyfriend was secretly taking photos of me. I love all the green in these! The wind was bubbling up my dress in this one:


I think the old flip flops ruin this one.. hahah:

And now for the uglies! I'm always showing you the cutest thrift store scores and awesome vintage things I find at all my favorite antique places. Believe me, I find way more ugly stuff you don't see. Today I brought along my camera and picked five ugly things I didn't buy. Enjoy!

This vase was actually really expensive and was maybe two feet tall:

This doll doesn't look so bad here. She actually looks kinda retro cool. I assure you, she was VERY hideous!

You can't imagine how awful this lamp was. In the picture, it actually doesn't look that bad!**Edit: I knew a few of you would like this one and I was right! haha:

Ummm. Nope!:

And finally:

There you have it. Five ugly things I did NOT buy- because I do occasionally pass on things, though it's hard to believe. lol :)

18 comments:

  1. Hehe - Loving that "molecule" plant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place! and that shoe bank is pretty hilarious !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the nature pics! The ugly pics I definitely don't want to see more of...things like that really creep me out and actually make me sick to my stomach...weird I know :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is funny. "Ugly Thrift Store Finds" could be a blog all on its own, if it isn't already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww- so sorry, Meghan!! I hope you didn't get too sick from my post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cant believe you could resist that tennis shoe bank. :p hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the second photo of you - your dress makes you look a bit like a mermaid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your plant pics. And the pineapple lamp is probably the oddest thing I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so beautiful Amy!

    I can't believe that odd lamp design...

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my! That pineapple lamp is awesome! I would have bought it just so I could give it to someone! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of fun seeing the uglies you pass by. I had no idea that bubbly pineapple thing was a lamp. Goodness that is bad!

    Wishing you a wonderful 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also wanted to mention that your nature photos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I figgin love that pineapple lamp thing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your boyfriend took lovely photos of you, and the wind blowing your dress made me laugh.

    funny ugly things, another thing to love about thrift store shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank goodness you passed on those! :-) But, one man's trash is another's treasure. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pretty, fresh, summery nature pictures! I also love that you posted shots of hideous thrift store finds. Sometimes I feel like uncovering strangely ugly trinkets at vintage shops is almost as fun as uncovering the beauties.

    I just discovered your blog and absolutely love it!

    xo,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  17. That doll would have had me walking in the opposite direction. She's kind of creepy. But your nature pictures are beautiful. Love all the green.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the picture you got of the dragonfly. Major coolness right there.


    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!