Monday, June 20, 2011

More of a garage sale score than I thought!!

Remember this chair I got for $3.00 at a garage sale last month?

Well I was just looking closely at the bottom of it and noticed this name above the original label:

So of course I hopped online and searched for Herman Miller chairs and found that this exact chair was designed by Eames for Herman Miller. Look at THIS!

Major score, huh?! So, I decided to peel back that label to see if the Herman Miller stamp was under it. Yep:

Best $3.00 ever! I'd say this is now my best thrifty score ever. Before this, it was this:

Yes, my Cathrineholm bowl I got at the thrift store for $2.00! I have been a lucky girl.

Remember to visit your neighborhood garage sales, even if they look really bad after the initial drive-by. Seriously! :D

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you did get lucky! I always hear of people finding the coolest things at thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cathrineholm bowl for $2?? wow! i keep hoping i will find a cathrineholm piece... maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That's an incredible score. Lucky you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You, know, I so thought that your chair looked like *something*... Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!! Love when you discover things like that - A few years ago, I picked up an essentially mint-condition Schwinn from the 80s at a garage sale for $10 - Turns out a bike like that would actually go for a couple hundred! Best $10 I ever spent :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow! Yeah, I'd say that was $3 well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great chair. reminds me of the chairs in the music room as a kid.

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!