Saturday, June 4, 2011

An awesome Saturday thrift store score!!

Look at my great new (vintage!) ottoman! Ohhhh, I love it. Lurve it! It's a really nice size at about 21 inches wide. It was $8.99. Of course I knew I had to have it. I got it from a thrift store I don't usually visit, but my mom does because it's near her home. She was just there yesterday and said it wasn't there or she would've bought it.

It's super sturdy and strong, but it DOES have a problem:

The vinyl is nice and clean, but the seams and piping are coming undone in many areas. I might take it to a reupholstering place and see if they can repair it and keep the same original vinyl. If I try to do it myself, I know I'll just make it worse.

Either way, I love this piece!

13 comments:

  1. wow that is amazing how clean the vinyl is. for $8.99 i agree that is a good deal. hopefully an upholster can fix your ottoman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's wonderful and so clean! congrats on a great find :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...total score!! That looks like an easy fix...it's in really great shop.
    Lucky gal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find! And I bet that will be an easy fix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's adorable! you always find the best stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome deal! I love it! If it were mine I'd make a round granny square type crocheted cover for it and forget about trying to fix upholstery. Looks like it would match your throw too! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love simple lines... cute afghan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE IT... maybe a little super glue?

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, i want to go thrifting with you.. well, not with you because we'd have to fight it out for the good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!