Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend vintage goodness!!

I dare any of you to tell me you've ever seen a sweeter garbage can!!! I got it yesterday at my favorite local antique shop. I'd been eyeing it for ages and finally gave in. You step on the little pedal and the lid pops open. There is a removable metal basket inside to dump the trash. I just love it!

I also got some good mail yesterday! I LOVE this vintage chalkboard/message center. It came brand new in its original packaging!

The date on the packaging said 1973. There is a spot to hang your keys, and two pockets at the top to hold bills. There is a notepad in between the pockets and a space to put chalk on the bottom right (it even came with the chalk, which I immediately dropped and broke in three pieces and then lost the third piece...ugh. I hadn't dropped it yet in the photo below!).

It even came with three little daisy magnets! SO adorable.

While at the antique shop, I spotted the ottoman below. It's not that old, of course, but I loved the shape and I'm going to recover it in a floral fabric.

The same booth had this ottoman/foot rest, too:

I'll most likely recover this one, too. And it was only $5.00. I recently decided I didn't want a coffee table in front of my couch, anymore...it just collected junk. I moved it and now we've had nowhere to rest our legs! These two pieces are perfect!

Last but not least, I found this bundle of vintage fabrics!

I cannot even tell you how much I love that first fabric. There was something on my lens so part of the fabric looks blurry and faded, but it's not like that in real life. I am definitely making a cuff for myself with that one!

I hope some of you did some treasure-hunting this weekend, too! :)

13 comments:

  1. You have the cutest stuff! I wish I could just come to your house and walk around in awe of your cute decor!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these are great. I love the trash can and the message board.

    PD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Major score!! I love that garbage can ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I <3 these treasures. The trash can and the message center are my favorites, I hope I could find such antique stores here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Everything is great especially that garbage can! As always, great finds, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...you really scored!! Great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to say exactly what Meeling said. You must have a little vintage angel sitting on your shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the top fabric ! And the garbage can is just... trop joli !

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much for featuring the message center (great photos!)--it's so satisfying to find a loving home for my own treasure-hunt finds :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the garbage can with the flowers. Super cute.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been searching online for a vintage message center like the one I found at a garage sale and finally I found yours! Mine is exactly the same. Mine was not in packaging, didn't have the note pad or chalk but it did have two of the three daisy magnets plus a couple other vintage magnets. I am trying to find out the value of it. Would you mind telling me how much you paid for yours or any other information would be great. Thanks, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gina-

    I am not 100% sure but I believe it was somewhere around $16.00. I still use it everyday and love it!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!