Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Kitchen before and after photos!!!

Most of you know that last year I bought a 100-year-old fixer upper of a house. It's VERY small and needs a lot of work (and every square inch was covered in layers of wallpaper). Here is a refresher photo of what the kitchen looked like when I bought it (accessories in the photo belonged to the seller):

And here it is as of 12:30am last night/this morning:


I think it's a major improvement. I still need to finish putting knobs on all the cabinets/drawers, and I still need a whole new sink/faucet. This one is ancient. Oh, and I STILL have the reallllly bad/really dark floors that were installed in 1940.

I have to keep the ancient counters and cabinets for now. I think I'll be content with the room once the floors are redone.

P.S. I actually painted the whole room a different yellow the day before yesterday. It turned out awful and way too bright, so I painted it all over again yesterday! You can't tell from the pics but there is a lot of painted area on the other sides of the room. I'm exhausted! *yawn*

19 comments:

  1. it's so pretty, Amy...you did a wonderful job! and i love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so fresh and pretty!! I really like that soft yellow on the walls...having newly painted cabinets makes such a difference...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Such a fresh clean look... and I love the light you get in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this soft yellow with the white. Very pretty. And the bunting looks perfect. Now go rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! such an improvement! really brightens up the space. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how Summery and Warm it feels, just from the photo. :) Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! I love the sunny yellow. Congratulations on a job well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is what I was doing right before reading this post- picking out yellow paint for my kitchen. Thankfully I got a pint of the original color I picked, just to test it out, because I'm not really thrilled with it.

    Your color(s)look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. painting is hard work! it looks great nice and cheery :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks soooo much better than before!!! I love white cabinets...they always look so fresh.

    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So airy and welcoming. I would love to cook in there! Good job Amy, it looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Major improvement! Looks great Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow!!! it looks wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The new yellow looks fantastic. I love the light in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd be exhausted too. All that painting.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete
  17. What brand and shade is the yellow paint? That is exactly what I'm looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Becky,

    Unfortunately, I no longer remember the color, and it doesn't say the color on the can. However, the label on the top of the can has the "recipe" numbers that would make the color. I could take a picture of it and send it to you and maybe you can take it to your local store and they could figure it out. The brand is Pittsburgh Paints. Let me me know if you'd like a picture and I can email you one.

    Amy :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!