Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thrift store score!

I went to the thrift store on my lunch break yesterday and they were bringing out this vintage chair just as I walked in. It looks kind of gigantic here, but it's really a very dainty chair! It's a super pale celadon green color, and it has that vintage velvety fabric that you can rub in different directions. It was in really great condition and it's pretty comfy, too! I snagged it for $30.00.

It doesn't photograph very well...I think it's much cuter in person!

Also, how cute is this pillow cover?

I got a set of them a long time ago from EmmaDear. I couldn't resist that vintage print!

11 comments:

  1. great chair,
    it reminds me of my great aunt jenny. She had some very similar as I was growing up.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful find! Our thrift store always seems to have chairs in bad condition :( I hope someday I'll get lucky! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome find. It reminds me of my grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your thrift store is seriously the best! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very cute pillow and what a great score! i keep trying but can never get lucky at the thrift shop,lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your chair. I once had two of the exact same chair, only they were harvest gold. I got them from my in-laws, and although they were old when I inherited them, they stayed in fantastic condition for many years. What a great find, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I took my cousin to our local Habitat Restore on Tuesday. It was the first time she had been. She found a chair almost exactly like this but the green was shiny between a lime and olive color. It was beautiful! She snagged it up for $8!!! Crazy! I LOVE great deals like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice find! I found two really beat up chairs in the thrift store about a year ago for $15. My plan was to re-upholster, but I had to leave the chairs in VA. So sad. At some point I'm going to have my parents ship them out for me to finish!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!