Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pretty display.

Today I found this old wooden cigar box at the local antique mall. I love how it's really wide and very flat. I haven't made a final decision yet, but I might apply for this year's Chicago Renegade Craft Fair. If I am accepted, I think this box would be perfect for part of a table display.

Here it is holding some cuffs:

It even has little mechanisms to keep the box locked so it won't spill its contents during transit.

While I was at the antique mall, I also picked up this vintage planter. I'm going to use it for collecting tiny scraps and bits of thread that always end up everywhere when I'm cutting fabric.

I already have a smaller version of the same planter in green that I've been using for years to hold embroidery floss and trim, which you can see in this old photo:

I hope you're all having a great Sunday!

17 comments:

  1. I love the cigar box for a jewelry display! Good luck with your Renegade application. It would be amazing to be a part of a big show like that. I still need to work on summer/fall show apps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would make a perfect display for your bracelets! They look very pretty there, and I think you should apply for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the box and the planter. You SHOULD apply for the craft fair! You would do awesome there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of applying for the Renegade Craft fair this year too. I think you'd get accepted for sure!

    I love the cigar box display!

    -Jenn
    Loki's Jellybeans

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a good idea to make use of those. Good luck!

    Buy WoW Account

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i love that box! great find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cuffs look great in the box. That sounds like a great craft fair. You should most definitely apply.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool way to repurpose a cigar box! I love your vintage finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still read your blog! it is my "favourite" and is the top of the list on my toolbar :D its always there in the corner!

    1. i wish australia had a renegade fair!
    1. i wish i could find antique stores like you do!!
    we have op-shops wich are good but half the stuff is just junk :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. That box is FABULOUS! And funnily enough- I also have an old bowl I keep on my work table to collect all of my scraps and snipped ends :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your work is perfect for the renegade Fair! go for it,
    here in Richmond right before Easter, the Craft Mafia
    has their Fair, and I just LOVE, LOVE seeing all the talented
    young women (and a few men) displaying all their OUTSTANDING stuff,
    best of luck!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you did with the old box. You are insanely clever.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!