Monday, March 14, 2011

I love this.

How perfect is this?! From marthastewart.com: a random assortment of family keepsakes, from a grandfather's spectacles to a baby's christening spoon, takes on a cohesive, deliberate look that's almost Victorian when encased in a delicate glass dome. The little tree is a lightweight branch bought from a florist, then spray-painted matte gold and held upright with epoxy.

I think it makes for a meaninfgul and interesting display. See easy instructions to make your own here.

7 comments:

  1. that is beautiful, great find. Wondering if I have objects that would work for something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful. I am thinking it would also look beautiful with little crocheted flowers similar to the bunting you got a few weeks ago. You could even change it up seasonally. This then takes away from the family aspect of it but there is just so much you could do with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Amy ...hope the snow is away at your place and you can enjoy the coming spring :)...xx Dani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautiful idea!

    PS - I LOVE YOUR LAYOUT! I like blue a lot and this layout nailed the superb blue shade.

    Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a neat way of displaying things!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, i'm in love! that is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminds me of the thing you shake and the snow falls down that's in a glass ball. I forget what that's called.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!