Thursday, January 20, 2011

Vintage purchases from this past weekend.

I went antique shopping here this weekend and just couldn't pass up these adorable cereal bowls, especially since they match my sugar bowl (you can see it in the background of this post). I wouldn't exactly call them a thrifty buy, so I held back from buying all six the seller had available. Maybe I'll go back.

The other thing I purchased was this 1877 French chromolith of historical silk designs. I thought it would look great framed on the wall:

It's still in the plastic, so ignore the glare!

Off to work I go!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely finds...as always! You have the best eye and the best luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those cereal bowls. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Amny! Happy New Year! These are sooo lovely... you find the best things! Those silks are tiny masterpieces in & of themselves...*swoon*... Wishing you all the very best of health & happiness, peace & joy in 2011! ((HUGS)) Oh, I'm having a fun Valentine giveaway--stop bu if you get a chance. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those silk designs are gorgeous. They remind me of recent Amy Butler fabric design, some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,
    I’ve given you the Stylish Blogger Award! There’s more info over on my blog gemmipopdesigns@blogspot.com
    I hope you’re having a great day!
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!