Saturday, January 29, 2011

Come antique shopping with me!

I went to one of my favorite local antique shops this morning, The Colonial Antique Mall in Woodstock, IL, and brought my camera along so I could take you with me! Excuse the poor photos, but the light was not great in there! The sweet woman who runs the booth above let me take all the photos I wanted. She had some sweet stitcheries:

This one must've taken FOREVER to make:

I'm always drawn to the kitchen items:

I love this sugar bowl!:

Here are some other booths in the mall (click to zoom):





I didn't come away with much today. I got some vintage lace and buttons that will soon find their way onto new cuffs for the shop, and this great little table for eating or writing in bed:

I've had my eye on this table for at least a year, and today I saw the price had been reduced to $8.00. The table part can be left flat or adjusted to four different angles. I bet Julia will love using it for drawing.

I might go back for a 1970s dress that reminded me a lot of this one, but in brown tones. I haven't decided yet.

I hope you all have a great weekend! :)

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us along! There are so many great items in each photo, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for taking us shopping :)
    always fun to treasure hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to join you! These shops look incredibly fun. Congrats on the great bed-table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Looks like an amazing place! Wish I could really go there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the antique trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking me along!

    Found you on the Promos forum on Etsy and following :)

    Warmly,
    Tiffany Will Write 4 Food

    http://tiffanywillwrite4food.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed thrifting with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would soooo love to go antique scouting with you... You have so much more history than we "newbie" Westerners!! Even if it was just a day.. I would be busy from dawn to dusk!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shop...I love the antique malls where you get such a fun assortment.

    Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like fun! I haven't been antique shopping in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the little table! perfect for drawing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy,wow, I live ten minutes from this place, isnt it AMAZING?? I could easily spend a whole day getting lost in there, looking at every piece, we must live pretty close to eachother.

    XOXO Your neighbor,
    Laura Bird
    www.whimsicalworldoflaurabird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also love the sugar bowl.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!