Saturday, January 15, 2011

Antique store score!

Ok, it's not an antique- but I DID get it at an antique store.

I was browsing my favorite antique mall and saw this little cabinet/shelf and knew it would be PERFECT to hold some of my fabric and shipping supplies (those are my shipping envelopes on the bottom shelf).

The shelf was an ugly, kind of oak-ish color wood/press board mix. I decided to get it and paint it a nice chocolate brown.

The doors lift up and slide back into the shelf. Do you want to know the best part?? This shelf was $68.00 and I wasn't sure I wanted it (I'm bad at making decisions about furniture). I decided to browse the store and come back to it before I left to make a decision. By the time I got back to it 20 minutes later, there was a big red sale sticker on the price tag and it had gone down to $48.00!

Score!

I just snapped this photo of Kitterson. I love the pink nose!:

22 comments:

  1. Very nice...I love the chocolate brown, it looks very warm. The glass is really pretty too...you can see the colors through but it's kind of "wavy" looking...nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Nothing quite like getting some pretty storage for a great price :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always looking for affordable studio room storage -- you got that for a great price!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool piece of furniture! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for organization that looks fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's an antique MALL in your area?? I'm so envious :)
    What a lucky find. The shelf looks lovely and perfect for storing your supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i love it! i would have totally gotten it too if i had seen it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kitterson is so pretty!!!!! just got home from another day at Grampa's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shelf is beautiful and your supplies are so pretty and colourful that it only adds to the prettiness. love the bowl too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, thats crazy! Maybe the booth owner was watching you.. and wanted to entice you! What a perfect way to hold your fabrics. Your kitties nose is adorable! I've never had a cat before. My brother was always allergic, now I'm stuck in giant dog land :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how those doors slide! And it isn't just kitty's nose that's adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh sometimes it pays to browse a bit.
    I love these lawyers bookcases. My brother collects the antique ones and they are just beautiful. you have done a great job making it look great.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just Love a deal.. even when it isn't mine... mom & I share our "scores" for the day all the time! Love the brown. You are so organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love cabinets like that (and yay for sale prices!). Kitterson is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soooo jealous of that cabinet!!!!!! What a fantastic find. That makes me want to run out and search all my Goodwill and Salvation army stores! Ugh. I want it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. so jealous of that cabinet! it's amazing.. and such a good thing that you gave it 20 minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahahahaha! I'm always calling my cat pink nosel!!
    MaryPoppins

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!