Saturday, December 25, 2010

A surprise gift...

A few months ago, I realllly wanted this original oil painting from Sharon Schock on Etsy. I love ruins and cemeteries and it depicts a place in England, which made it even better.

Of course, I waited too long to buy it and it sold. I was so upset! This morning, I found out that it sold because a very special someone bought it for me. **tears** It's really beautiful, and it was such a nice surprise (thank you, someone)...

I snapped these silly photos of Julia this morning:

One of her Christmas presents was this drinking straw shaped like a pair of glasses that wraps around your head.

She had a lot of fun with it. Ok, ok, I tried it, too. lol

Merry Christmas, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Spooky beautiful painting !!, funny glasses ;), wish you a merry christmas , hope you had a wonderful day ! and lots of love,luck and happiness for 2011...still got a little present for you , will send it next year :)...much love Dani Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. surprise presents are the ultimate!
    Merry Christmas
    AMy

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're welcome.
    -Santa

    p.s. i like myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surprises are just the best!! Lucky you. :-)

    Funny straw glasses...love gifts like that!

    Hope you are enjoying a wonderful Christmastime with family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Christmas surprise. Merry Christmas, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it amazing when that happens??? A few years ago, I found this ridiculous and amazing Donald Duck sundress on Etsy (I have a should-be-embarrassing-but-I-don't-embarrass-easily obsession with Donald Duck). I showed it to a friend of mine, and when I saw it was on sale a few weeks later, I went to buy it, and it was gone. I thought, "Who the heck else would wear a Donald Duck sundress???" She had totally gotten it for my bday. <3 I'm so happy you got your painting <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your silly photos of Julia.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!