Saturday, December 4, 2010

I've been quiet... and my latest antique score!

I apologize for my silence! I now have 25 made-to-order and custom cuffs to finish and am quite buried in fabric and thread! I thought I'd show you my latest lunch break find. It wasn't exactly a thrift store price, but it wasn't at all expensive. Take a look (click pics to zoom)!


The inside of the album is dated December 25th, 1913. I love this creepy fellow who was nestled right in the front cover. This tintype is really big- it's at least 8 or 9 inches tall.

There are a few pages of people behind the counter in a restaurant.

And look at these gorgeous sisters!

I've always loved antique photos of houses, so I was really happy this one was included:

I love these two with the pipes!:

And what a sweet little baby- his name is Herman!:

Oh, it's a winter wonderland outside today. I was taking a photo of my rocks and you can see the white outside.

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

17 comments:

  1. What a GREAT find!!! lucky you!
    xoxo
    ~cm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the big custom order and thanks for sharing your latest find. The album itself is absolutely beautiful and the photos are so amazing! Just imagine what all the stories behind those photos are.... wow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a gorgeous find, amy! good luck on tackling the rest of those cuffs this weekend, sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely find!!!
    I love old photographs...the baby is adorable!

    Great picture out your window too!

    Stay warm and have fun sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous album! What a lovely find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the sales! I looooove the album. If I see one of those at antique stores, I always find myself staring at it for the longest time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, what a great find! LOVE old photos and the book is the icing on the cake. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...humph... you have wayyyy better antique stores than we do here.. however the West... isn't all that antique. I think the little town we are in started in the 20's. I love old photos, can't help but think of the lives led & stories to be told...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the view of the snow through your window and your amazing thrift find.
    Wow, 25 cuffs! That is quite an accomplishment. I am sure there are bits of little thread everywhere. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful find! I love the old photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a treasure! I love the mysterious old photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was really neat. Thanks for sharing.

    PussDaddy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, lucky you! What a beautiful album inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful find. I love the old photos. Oh, if they could talk, the stories they would tell.
    Wonderful weekend here. It has turned cold in Georgia, no snow.
    Enjoy your winter wonderland.
    Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, i am jealous of this score! how amazing.. the album alone is so beautiful.. and still filled with photos?! that would have been impossible to pass up!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!