Thursday, November 11, 2010

Why can't France be closer?

A few years ago, my cousin Greg went to France. I was soooo envious. I asked him if he could send me some tiny bit of earth from there, and I didn't care what it was. A rock, some dirt, anything! Here is what I received (click to zoom):

A simple envelope with a message written on the inside, along with a rock and some blades of grass in a sugar packet:

I was overjoyed!! It's the little things, you know. I'm so happy the envelope even made it to me, as it was addressed incorrectly. Plus, a bulky rock in a regular envelope could've been easily caught in a sorting machine.

I love the little drawing on the outside of the envelope.

I will cherish these little bits of France forever, and hope that one day I may get there myself.

15 comments:

  1. What a great package to receive. I love that he put the blades of grass in a sugar packet. Also love the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so adorable and awesome! It seems that he sent the rock from Marseille so I can't even offer to send you something novel... but who cares, Marseille is still the best place in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! What a precious package to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your post! What great keepsakes....to be cherished for sure. One day you will find yourself in France...returning with keepsakes for someone special.

    Thank you for posting on my blog...a lovely surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool souvenir! I love the sketches, too. That's one nice cousin you have there. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sweet! thanks for sharing :)

    xoxo,
    lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y'know, you really were smart to save even the wrappings, which ultimately are the most precious portion of your surprise. Btw, I do believe Greg has had several Emmy nominations! Save the artwork! LOL! He might be famous one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rio Emmy noms for what??
    Now why didn't I take some dirt home with me when I was in Paris??
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is pretty sweet!

    I love France and everything French! I even studied the language for one year. Two years ago, I visited the country and it changed my life forever. I am sure you will love Paris and the Provence region! I can't wait to pack my bags again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Send me your adress, I'd be happy to send you something from Burgundy where I live or from the Alps where I often go to visit friends and family a way to thank you for your blog I enjoy reading and find inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's so cool! what a great idea. I've never been to france either, and hope to go someday.

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!