Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday antique store score!

Today after trip to the post office, I stopped at one of my favorite local antique shops. I got this adorable old dustpan- rusty, yes- but so cute I couldn't resist.

I was really excited to find this 1946 edition of Henry Thoreau's Walden, especially since I actually went to Borders recently with the specific purpose of buying this book! I didn't end up getting it, so I'm glad that now I get to read a pretty vintage copy instead.

Click the pic to zoom in and read the inscription inside:

I always need trivets so I was happy to find this one:

Lastly, I got some vintage and antique buttons that will be finding their way onto some cuffs.

All this for around $10.00. Score!

16 comments:

  1. Why are you out thrifting and have not called me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find the coolest stuff!!! I want to hit your thrift shops! And old books are my fetish... the smell, the feel, the weight of the paper... sigh... this world now goes around wayyyy to fast.. It is nice to slow down and appreciate yesteryear ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really do find the coolest things! That dust pan is a total score!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That inscription alone is worth the price of admission. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You found fantastic stuff! I'm a new follower, saw your post in the Etsy forums. http://www.paradisepurls.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the turtle and the buttons...i think my mom or grandma had that exact same dustpan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful finds! And the inscription in that book is so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful inscription. That is the kind of inscription I wish I could write in a book. love the little owl behind the dustpan too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom used to have a dustpan like that. Now they are made of plastic. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, you got some bright, sweet stuff. Love the book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the deal of the decade I think! Love the trivet the best but that inscription on your lovely book is priceless! Then the memories the metal dustpan brings back. Ahhh, sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lucky girl you are !!, what a great treasure again !

    ReplyDelete
  13. SUPER finds, Amy! I'm especially in love with the vintage Thoreau... *sigh*... That dust pan reminds me very much of something my Mom had! :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously? That dust pan is your best find yet! That's a great way to get you to look forward to sweeping up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my gosh! you find the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a similar dust scooper but it's black. Same type of patterns though. I love it. It's so pretty.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!