Saturday, November 13, 2010

I have to run out of thrifty luck soon, right?? SCORE!

I just found what will be my winter coat at the thrift store! It's hard to tell but it's a pink/brown mix (and the lining is pink). I cropped out my head because I look like a hobo today. I loooove this coat! Yes, that's my rake on the ground behind me. I gave up.

Look at the adorable cuffs!

Then I got a great roll of fabric:

and this teapot/carafe in a great mustard color (see the green rock in the background? My friend Tara made it and I lurve it :

And OMG I found a Cathrineholm bowl at the thrift store today!!!!:

Probably my best find ever! It was $2.00. YES!!

P.S. Julia went to a birthday party at a roller rink today and came home with a mustache:

Have a great weekend, everyone!!

17 comments:

  1. Your jacket is fabulous!
    I'm following from the Etsy forum. I would love it if you followed back. : )

    -Felicity
    http://felicitylingle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coat is to die for!!!
    Love the split cuffs...gorgeous!

    It's Rose Bowl Sunday in Los Angeles tomorrow...I'm going...send some of your luck out my way!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sending you some luck, Meeling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That. Bowl. I'm so envious! How much would that cost on ebay?! Amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have some wicked thrifting mojo. Love that jacket. And the bowl. have a great weekend, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously?? I bow down to your thrifty awesomeness!

    I lurve that you used lurve in this post. It's one of my favorite silly words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a great coat!
    you seem to have the thrifting knack :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have the best mix of luck and talent. I need to go thrifting with you! The coat is adorbs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the teapot is great ! I love it's shape, and it looks in really good condition !

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post made me LOL several times! Especially the part about the hobo.
    And that is a awesome coat. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, thrifting magic - love that coat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Catherine Holm bowl has got to be the find of the century!

    p.s. love the coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are some impressive thrift store scores...I'm pretty sure I'd be smiling all day after that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so nice to know a fellow thrifter! :o) I have found SO many cute clothes for a mere $1-5 each. Loooove the hunt, especially when it is rewarded with such nice things. If I lived closer to you, I would thrift shop with you! Still loving my cuff.

    hugs~
    A

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow, i need to shop at whatever thrift store you're visiting. that coat is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cannot believe you got that bowl for two bucks. Gah!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!