Saturday, October 2, 2010

Weekend vintage finds

Today I went to the antique and vintage flea market with Julia. It was actually really cold, but I was so happy to be treasure-hunting. I lucked out and found this great vintage fabric. The top two are old feedsack and I LOVE them!:

I also got this really sweet covered bowl. It's a nice size for side dishes at about 6.5 inches wide and 6.5 inches tall including the handle. Isn't it adorable?! The seller from this booth is always so sweet. I have bought from her many times.

I usually don't buy edibles at the flea market but I sampled this caramel apple butter and couldn't resist. It is so so good!

Happy Saturday!

14 comments:

  1. love that fabric an excellent find

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you found some fantastic things at the flea market. The feed sack fabric is awesome! Now you have me longing to go to a market.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finds. I love the crochet covered stones in the background. I have my next stone picked out and I'm hoping to have time tomorrow to work on it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabric = gorgeous
    apple butter = yum

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy sunday Amy , love your treasures !! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh those fabrics are great!can't wait to see what you make with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those fabrics!! What a great find - I especially like the second one down! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds! I love the fabric...and the apple butter. I have been on an apple butter kick for a few weeks, haha. It was too cold this weekend for me I had to stay inside by the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love flea markets! That covered dish is just darling. And I always come away with edibles...it's my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent finds. The fabric is gorgeous. And the less I start talking about the apple caramel butter, the better - I will just torture myself! Want!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your old feedsacks! I scored some too recently at a yard sale. I purchased an amazing old suitcase full for $10.00 - such a deal. But not really, because I can never bring myself to cutting into them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty finds! I can't wait for the antique extravaganza next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Were you in St. Charles Saturday? We were there and froze our fannies off. Found a few good things though. Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahhhh, your fabric finds are wonderful Amy! future cuffs?

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!