Friday, October 1, 2010

Decisions, decisions.

Have any of you tried air plants? They are amazing little plants that won't survive in standing water and aren't planted in soil. You just find a nice vessel to hold them- or you can even just rest them on a windowsill somewhere. I recently noticed my kitchen has two hooks above the kitchen sink in front of the window. I've decided maybe some simple hanging planters with air plants will look great in this space.

Mudpuppy offers these modern little pods hung by natural hemp cord:


Or I could get completely clear terrariums from Eucca:


Ali's Pots has an adorable hanging vase with a little bird perched on top. So cute:

I love all three versions for different reasons and can't decide.
If you've been reading this blog a while, you also know I have an affinity for rocks AND tiny things. There was no way I could go without mentioning these rock magnets with teeny tiny air plants attached!:

How adorable would those be on the fridge? Find them in tohold's shop.

11 comments:

  1. I vote for Mudpuppy's upside down ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Eucca's clear terrariums would look very pretty, but I do also love the tiny rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you could get totally crafty with this one. Take a walk around your local dollar store and look at things with a new set of eyes - I bet you will find something perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all so pretty but I really like the hanging vase with the perched bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the clear planters! Finally...a plant I can't kill :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen the top one before and wanted that style, so I'm voting for that. Such a cool concept. Let us know once you've gotten them. I'd love to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Angela, these little plants do stimulate the imagination! i want to go op-shopping and I'm SURE i'll find something totally amazing & perfect for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing! I have hooks on the ceiling for hanging plants, something like that would look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to get some. I think they are so modern and contemporary and can really spruce up any plce in the home they are put.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to try these. They look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the clear ones for above a sink...or the upside down ones!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!