Wednesday, August 18, 2010

So here's what happened...

A long time ago I ordered a custom ring- some of you know I have quite the ring addiction. When I finally received it, it was AWFUL. It was crooked, sloppy, and nothing like I requested- it was even the wrong size! The seller would not take it back because it was a custom order- well, unless I paid a 75% restocking fee. No way! It was a waste of money and has been collecting dust ever since.

Along came Amy of thirtysixten. Guess what she did! She melted that horrible ring down to one chunk of silver and started fresh! The stacking rings above are the end result- GORGEOUS! I cannot believe that hideous mess turned into this lovely set! I urge all of you to go take a look at her shop. You'll be sure to find something you love. She has a great blog, too. Go say hi!

Thank you, Amy!

17 comments:

  1. Love a happy ending! (& boo hiss for the terrible seller that sold you the original!)

    {hugs}
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those rings are seriously so neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. Lucky girl in the end, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are wonderful. So glad she was able to help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful! Glad it turned out so good. I love when bad situations turn into something better than we ever expected!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so great! I'm glad you were able to convert the ugly into something so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer about the ring.. but great that you had a happy ending. So cool that she reused the silver to make what you wanted. My mom gave me a gorgeous pair of earrings from Sundance.. well ... I lost one ... a jeweler friend took the one left and turned into a stunning necklace..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I honestly can't believe what I just read! Horrible, sloppy wrong sized rings, and the seller wanted to charge a 75% restocking fee!?!?!?!??!

    WOW. Just... WOW.

    I am so glad you could turn an ugly situation into a good, but that seller should have given you your money back ( especially if they were the wrong size!)

    I have often repurposed peoples old jewellery to make into something new for them, it is a challenge, and it is special turning something old or full of bad memories etc into something new and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. turned out great..that first seller sounds aweful! glad you found a perfect solution.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Amy! there are way too many things in her shop i just wanted to favourite them all! i absolutely love your re-invented ring too, so lovely that it wasn't a complete waste... :)
    emma x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey girlie, thanks for your sweet comments! I hope you have a lovely weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohmygoodgravy those are beautiful! So unique, I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them Amy , they are beautiful ! , have a nice sunday Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow thats really awesome! Too bad the first one was terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you're right, she does have a great show! i just rent to a jeweler today to get a custom ring done for my birthday!! it's out of an opal my sister brought back from Australia. i'm really excited to see what it turns out like!!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!