Friday, August 13, 2010

A new dark cuff...

I went to the antique store yesterday and bought a handful of vintage/antique aprons that had seen better days. This is the first result:

I love it so much! I'm not used to seeing such dark cuffs, hahah.. I'm so happy with the way it turned out. Here's the second one:


There was no way I could resist buying that adorable fabric! I'm in love with the vintage button, too. Both cuffs are in the shop now, and a third one made from the sweetest aqua and red print is coming soon. :D

P.S. I really, really hate that blogger makes all my photos look look a little blurry unless you click on them. It's annoying!

14 comments:

  1. Cute Cute Cute! Creative recycling just absolutely rocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new dark one is gorgeous!!!

    I, too, am in love with that vintage button. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that fabric is adorable, and I love your cuffs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dark one is very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful use of vintage fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them- I really love the dark one a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are wonderful and the dark one will be perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool blog Amy! That VW is fantastic! Did the cats leave it alone?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great designs!! If it's any consolation your photos don't look blurry on my screen! It may just be your monitor?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, Jack Foster- the cats have left it alone! (so far)

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Amy! I was admiring your cuffs on etsy and then noticed that you are in Woodstock, Illinois. I grew up there and still miss it sometimes. (Now live in NYC) So I just had to say hi, and that I love your work. Your cuffs are so unusual and very pretty.

    Say hi to the square for me!

    Cheers,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Kelly!! Thanks so much for writing- I love Woodstock and I would miss it, too, if I were you. I bet NY is a bit more exciting, though! lol- feel free to say hello any time..

    Amy :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job Amy...they are beautiful...love the dark one too :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!