Saturday, July 3, 2010

Weekend find and a handsome beast

I actually had to go to work for a few hours today (ick!) but on the way I stopped at the farmers market and a used book sale at one of the shops on the town square. I found this old set of seven Charles Dickens books- score! They are big, thick books. Look at the pretty name inside each one:

Just for fun, I'm throwing in a pic I snapped yesterday of Finn resting his head on my lap and looking up at me. Handsome beast!

Happy 4th of July weekend, everyone!

11 comments:

  1. great score
    and he looks like a lion!
    so pretty
    AMy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful books! And what a beautiful cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful find!
    ;^)
    My first thought of your Finn is that he looks like a lion, too!
    ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what an incredible find lucky girl and the pots and pans in the post below are fabulous. Sometimes I think the thrifty gods are with us as often we can put out there what we need and then we find it!!! it's coincidence or freaky, that very thing happened with me the other day and I was blown away, I wanted an as new thick coat for Isobel....and there it was just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find with the books.

    Your cat is adorable! Look at that face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh he is just incredible handsome, I think my Sauron (female) and my familys cat Bello (gay male) would fancy him for sure! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw your kitty looks just like my kitty!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/carlyandmelissa/4259724606/

    I love the name in the book, I so wish I had handwriting like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the simplicity of the covers on those books, what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful books! ...and cat :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, he is handsome! Pretty green eyes!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!