Friday, July 2, 2010

Today's lunch break garage sale find

Well, I was JUST telling Julia that I needed some new pots and pans. Just a few minutes ago I stopped at a garage sale on the way home for lunch. I got the pot photographed above (which is huge, by the way- like almost a foot wide!), along with these frying pans:

The pans look to have never been used! I also got a smaller pot- you can see the difference in size below:

I guess they are kind of cutesy in a grandma sort of way, but I really needed them and that big pot is going to be perfect for homemade soup! Yay for garage sales. :D

17 comments:

  1. Awe my mom had those pans when I was a kid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I figured some of you would recognize them! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wauw Amy, so cool !! great treasures :) have a great weekend Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw i love them! i bet homemade soup taste SO much better out of a strawberry pot! hehe. as far as the frying pans i have one like the smaller one (same era different design) and it is my favorite pan ever for making gravy...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find! I'm going to some garage sales tomorrow. I'm SUPER excited...I hope I'm as successful as you were!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have got to be the best person I've known for Garage saling. When are you going next and can I go with you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are darling! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. another great find, amy! who wouldn't want to cook with that cute set?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are GREAT pans! Way better than the plain black ones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cutesy in a grandma kind of way is right up my alley! i love these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lucky score! They are toooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great score! love the pattern on these pots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think my mom had pots like these!
    BTW, I am having a giveaway on my blog... thought you might want to participate :)
    Happy 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's amazing! The pots and pans look like they're in excellent condition.

    ReplyDelete
  15. those are absolutely darling! what a great find!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!