Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday stroll at the farmers market

Have you ever seen the movie Groundhog Day with Bill Murray? The town square featured in much of that movie is my very own town square in Woodstock, IL. If you've seen the movie, you've seen where I spend a lot of my time! I just got home from the weekend farmers market on the square where I made my own bouquet for $5.00:

I wish I'd had my camera so you could've seen all the lovely flowers from which one could choose. They give you the jar, too. Oh, and I'm definitely no flower arranger. No making fun!

I also got these sweet little owl magnets for my fridge:

Then I got this teeny vintage milk glass jar. It's only about an inch wide and you know I can't resist tiny things:

I hope you're all having a great weekend! :)

11 comments:

  1. Now thats what I am talking about, midwest farmers markets are awesome!!
    Now Vegas has got a lot of catching up to do to call ours a farmers market...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that movie! I also love the way you've arranged the flowers: really! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute stuff and wonderful flowers. Is the market every Saturday on the square?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy- it's every Tuesday and Saturday from 8-1, I believe. :D

    P.S. I emailed you the other day- did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Groundhogs day movie haunts me! It is theee most painful movie to watch & also a reoccurring nightmare of mine to relive the same day over & over! I get lots of deja-vu!

    Love the flower arrangement & wee little container!Super cute!

    {hugs}
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice finds. I found green beans at the farmers market.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just noticed that your blue daisy cuff is featured on etsy's front page! Had to come by and say yahoo! and give you a heads up if you didn't already know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds! I wanted to make a bouquet today, but there were too many people over there and it was hot! I'll just look at yours and be happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey sweet Amy , got you mail :), never had the Etsy message :( great flowers Amy, wonderful , i love your little Owls and little jar !!..you are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place !! have a wonderful weekend !! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. how fun! I'll have to pay more attention the next time I see the movie! Lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!