Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I brought you along on my lunch break today!

I just happened to have my camera in my car today and thought you might like to come with me while I browsed my favorite local shop! It's the perfect mixture of vintage and new items; many of the things I've shown you on this blog have been from here! Click pics to zoom.

It was hard to get really crisp photos because it is actually kind of dim in the shop. I had to lighten some of these quite a bit (and we all know flash pics are the worst!)






See the adorable vintage owl planter in the photo below?:

Well, there was absolutely no way I was leaving without her!

If any of you ever happen to be in the McHenry County area of Illinois, I strongly suggest visiting The Backdrop on the Woodstock Square. :D

P.S. The reason I had my camera in the car in the first place was to photograph this insanely huge bee I almost stepped on while leaving home today. It was SO big (maybe 1.5 inches long) that I had to photograph it:

ICK!!

16 comments:

  1. I think that's a wasp! Be careful it doesn't sting you... very painful. Wasps keep stinging unlike bees who only sting once and then die. :( Monique xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe it was a wasp- it was dead already when I took this pic, otherwise I would've been too scared. The back end of this thing was a centimeter wide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww I LOVE that owl! She is so pretty! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - I can see why you love that store! If it was near where I lived, I would be there just about every day. I saw about a dozen things I'd like, just in the photos you took.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great looking shop. I'm never in Woodstock, but I just might have to make it a point to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable shop! And that bee almost gave me a heart attack!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bee- gross!!

    Store - amazing! I want to go there. Is it near Chicago? My sister lives in Chicago and I go there a few times a year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That owl is too cute!! And what a great shop, would love to come visit :)
    We had one of those awful insects almost get into the house the other day. My husband called it a cicada killer... pretty sure that's not the scientific name!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know you were from Illinois!
    I'm from McHenry County too, not sure why I have never heard of this place! I need to go there the next time I'm home :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. kendrajkphotography- wow, I didn't know you were from McHenry County! Definitely come to Woodstock square next time you are home- it's a great little shop!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gina, it's more by the Wisconsin border... we are about an hour and 20 minutes from Chicago, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a cute shop! looks like a lunch hour well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a great place to just walk through and investigate. I love to just walk around and see all the amazing things that are just waiting to be discovered! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! And I even like the wasp :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wauwie....that is my kind of shop....so many things i would buy...!!...i love the owl !!..and all the paper goodies...wanna have it all ;)...pity i don't live around the corner :)...i bet i would make the owner rich haha...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could get lost in that shop, we don't have very many of them in my neck of the woods, but I take frequent trips to the Historic District to get my fill!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!