Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Vintage bookmarks

I don't think I've ever mentioned here that I have a bit of a vintage/antique bookmark collection. Here's one I think is especially charming:

And this one is my favorite (double click pic to zoom):

I had to get it not only because I'm a Charles Dickens fan, but because of the adorable little 1915 flip calendar on the bottom:

Normally you would tear off a page every time the month changed, but the pages for the entire year are all still here. I guess this particular calendar was never used. I just love it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love that "Little Knitter"!!
    :)
    So cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bottom one is so cool! How awesome that the entire calendar is still intact too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the 1915 bookmark! So lovely! Don't you hate comment spam?!?!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!