Saturday, June 12, 2010

Thrift store score!


Well, it wasn't exactly a thrift store- more like a tiny antique/vintage place I visit every once in a while. Today I got this gorgeous McCoy jardiniere! It's pretty big at about 10 inches wide at its widest part. I just HAD to get it because of the great aqua color. Now, if this thing had its matching pedestal, the whole set would be worth hundreds of dollars. Unfortunately, this jar has a fairly big glaze chip on the back (but I'll just keep that part turned to the wall!). Anyway, for $14.00, I think it was a deal.

I also picked up a little vintage apron that had seen better days. I promptly cut into it and made this new cuff:

I think it turned out adorable! It will be listed in the shop on Monday. :D

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Both the McCoy and the bracelet!! Staying dry this weekend? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! I'm staying dry for the most part (except we just went outside in slight rain to catch the ice cream truck!). :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice score! Love the cuff and that it's been rescued from its previous life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the mccoy! so pretty! the cuff is adorable as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new cuff! You sure are on top of things :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that exact planter pot! Love it! I got mine from my Granny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I collect McCoy is the best! I collect as well!!
    love the color of the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh pretty! The cuff looks great - what a cute pattern :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a happy feeling to find such a great deal! ;^)
    I love that color, too!
    ;^)
    Your work on the cuff looks like you take the greatest of care to make it as perfect as you can. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your thrift store find!! Great color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh that looks great! and i love that pot!! i just found 2 great pots at the MCC (in my home town when i went for a visit) on Saturday for 30 cents each!!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!