Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Postcard flashback

I blogged about these antique postcards from my collection when I first started this blog (wow, this blog is almost one year old!), but there are a lot more of you now so I thought I'd post them again- they are just too good to have missed the first time!

Sent by Eric (who really liked to get right to the point) in 1911:

and someone was in store for quite the spanking in 1909:

P.S. I'm picking the winners of this amazing giveaway tomorrow morning at 8:00 am central time. Go enter if you haven't already! :D

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad my parents never sent me that second postcard. I love the enigma of the first. Where do you find these? Antique shops?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I got these two from the same trip to a little antique shop- the same place I got the McCoy jardiniere planter I recently blogged about. It's a great little place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have been missing the post cards! Thanks for a fantastic post, that second one makes me giggle. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. omigosh I can't believe people said things like that (second card, obviously) in 1909. I'm shocked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That second one is too funny. I love these but I almost feel like I am violating someone's privacy...they never could have imagined the internet and blogs and tons of eyes all over their written words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, Gina- they never would've imagined such a thing... so weird to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are great, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg, I LOVE these postcards! I'm just starting a postcard collection :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen these postcards before, but they made me smile just as big the second time around.

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!