Sunday, June 27, 2010

One of my first Etsy purchases

Wow, it's been over four years since I joined Etsy, and I thought I would show you one of my very first (and very favorite) purchases! I bought the above print/photo manipulation in April of 2006 from magicjelly. This is so much more than a print, though. It's actually bonded and wrapped around canvas board and has been enhanced with a finish of beeswax. It is very sturdy, yet the finish is so soft. It's hard to show in a photo.

Here is how I have the print displayed, along with another similar print from the same seller on the bottom shelf. I just LOVE these and am so happy to have them. They are signed and numbered on the back, as they were part of limited editions. I see her shop is closed right now, but I can't wait to see what she offers when she returns.

What was one of your first Etsy purchases? I want to know!

**please excuse the bad lighting in that shelf photo! It is so dark in here right now and I had to use a flash- blech!

12 comments:

  1. That photography is truly amazing, with the bird in one corner and the girls in the other corner. So sweet. I love how their dresses are shaped as well.
    Come visit my blog, I just put some old photos up I think you would love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great find!!!
    I think I am too embarrassed to show my first purchases,I was a rookie for sure.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first purchase on etsy was a fabric headband made by a friend of mine who has since closed up her shop. I still wear it all the time! http://www.etsy.com/transaction/5168420

    Also, I totally relate for your distaste for the flash. I avoid using it unless it's absolutely necessary, and even then it really bothers me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first purchase from Etsy was a camera strap cover. My boss had gotten one from the same seller and I loved it. After that purchase, I was hooked! Then I became a seller :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first was a mei tai baby carrier. I'm on baby #2 now and still use it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that work by magicjelly :).

    I think my first purchase was a cloth purse as a gift for my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine was i think your photo or a bag with old paper goodies incl old photos and letters from a army man to his love one , you can find really relly great things on Etsy ;)

    Xxx Dani

    ReplyDelete
  8. And the rest of your great things you had send me then....i forgot to say in my other message ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo, so cool! My first Etsy purchase was a lovely pair of earrings. I'm a sucker for nice, cheap jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first etsy purchase was quite silly- it was a "zombies love brains" mug that was a gift for my zombie loving brother. He loved it. Here's her store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/foldedpigs

    What a fun post Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm jealous of your first purchase!! Mine was a bottle opener with cherries on it

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG - WE should have the FINN sign in our house!!
    Why did I never realize your cat's nickname was Finn?
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!