Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thrift store score!

It's been a long time since I did one of these posts, huh?! Well it's about time I did another! I found some great stuff recently... take a peek!

I don't know what to do with this little wooden embroidered dollhouse-looking thing but I just couldn't pass it up. It's so cute, and nicely sized at over a foot tall.

I LOVE this vintage wrapping paper, and it's still in its original packaging. I don't think I'll ever want to actually use it!

This little footstool is great. I'm going to recover it in a fabric that matches my decor. I have a great chartreuse floral that will work perfectly.

Then I got this vintage spool rack, which I really needed since all the spools on it in this photo were in a pile on my table. Can you see the wallpaper in the background under the table?? UGH, I can't wait to not look at that anymore (it's my bedroom!):

..and now to my favorite new find! I found this yesterday on my lunch break:

It's a vintage twin-size quilt, and it's completely hand-quilted! Somebody spent a LONG time on this. I should've realized before I took the following photo that the quilt was upside-down. Just picture it the right-side up and look at all the pretty baskets:

It has a ton of great, dainty florals and is soft and in great condition! There are a couple of tiny tears that could use mending, and mild yellowing in one spot, but nothing serious. Even the binding was sewn by hand. The best part? It was $5.00!

19 comments:

  1. Great finds! I love thrifting - it is by far one of my favorite pastimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, what great finds, I love that spool rack what am I saying I love all of your finds.
    I need to scratch my thrifting itch tomorrow
    Hope I do as good.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the foot stool and the quilt! Awesome1

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous quilt!!! And for $5, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a score! That doll house is adorable! I would probably hang it on the wall in my studio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great stuff! I agree that the doll house is amazing, but don't know what I would do with it either. The quilt and stool though, I know EXACTLY what I would do with them - gorgeous finds all round!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little crewel dollhouse is fabulous! I would have gotten it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful finds, Amy! The dollhouse definitely would've come home with me too and the quilt is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh what a score! That is one of those things we hope for when we set out early!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your like my vintage item sould mate. I love every thing you show, it's exactly what I would buy. That dollhouse is soooo wonderful, I'm glad you didn't leave it. I love buying wrapping paper too especially when I allow myself to use it! The foot stool is super.

    ReplyDelete
  11. zomg that dollhouse!!! I've never seen anything like that, now I want to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that little dollhouse is adorable! great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that dollhouse---LOVE!!!!! I agree with SewSweetStitches- I want to make one now! The quilt is amazing too- think of all those hours of stitching- you are the perfect person to find it because I know you will treasure it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. totally amazing finds, that little house is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that little dollhouse is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great finds! love that cute dollhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have tons of vintage wrapping paper.. love it!


    I would hang that doll house thing on my wall, so cute

    ReplyDelete
  18. definitely could not have passed up that dollhouse or the wallpaper! i love finding rolls, but i'm quick to bust into them :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Saw your dollhouse on pinterest! Want!!! What an awesome find!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!