Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mmmmmmmm.

I think it's time for a recipe- a SUPER easy one and it's so good, too. People, meet my dinner:


I've had this recipe for years and I THINK I got it at kraftfoods.com but I'm not sure. Anyway, it's called Easy Cheesy Spinach Bake and it's pretty much like a crustless quiche. It literally takes no time to throw together. If you like spinach, cheese and bacon, this one's for you. :)

Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 container (16 oz) cottage cheese
1 pkg. (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup REAL bacon bits (I used Oscar Mayer "recipe pieces" which are a tad bigger)
1/2 cup green onion slices
1/2 of a medium red pepper, cut into thin strips (for garnish- I didn't have one tonight).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients except red peppers. Mix well. Pour into 9 inch pie plate. Bake 40 minutes or until center is set. Top with peppers.

How easy is that?! It gets nice and crispy around the edges. I have some good leftovers for tomorrow!

12 comments:

  1. this looks so good! i love spinach dishes. i don't really cook, but i think i could handle this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good! Will have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I'll be having a little party for myself tonight as everyone else will be out and since I'm the one loving spinach, this may just do the trick. Wonder if I can eat the entire thing myself? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking at this post before i've eaten breakfast is torture! oh that looks so yummy! now i just need someone to come over and make it for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!!!! I'll be trying this out for sure- thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks amazing! i made something similar a while back...very good!

    that's crazy that you have young sisters too! Are yours half sisters or whole? mine are actually half sisters from my mom, and then i have another half sister from my dad who is 13 years older than me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm.... that looks really yummy. There will definitely not be any leftovers of this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh dear goodness this sounds amazing! SO glad I stumbled on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Amy, I shouldn't be surprised that I made something similar to this several days ago - mine was with parmesan, spinach and eggs! (I don't check your blog that often - laughed when I saw the similar recipe though I should be used to it by now!)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was looking for a last minute spinach bake recipe and found this one. I used fresh spinach, eggs, cream, mozza, red pepper, green onions and a dash of hot sauce. It was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome, Laurie! Oooh that sounds good with some hot sauce thrown in.

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!