Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Just a tad more.

I thought I'd post more of a close-up photo of the art above my couch. The camera wouldn't focus and I had an awful time fighting glare (and of course I should have straightened them first!). Anyway, the two pieces in the center are original oil pastels from tushtush. Oh, how I love them! Her work is so amazing in person. The top left is an original watercolor from metrostation I got long, long ago. The rest are prints from artquirk. I have a thing for paintings and prints of street and building scenes, and I just love artquirk's shop.

Below is a close-up of the pillow on my couch. I got it from EmmaDear and I LOVE it. It is vintage crewel-work that she repurposed into a pillow. It fits the couch perfectly and goes great with the afghan!


Below is a little corner of my living room that didn't show in the post below. Another original painting from tushtush sits atop the shelf, along with my LOVELY drawing of Julia done by the talented Kelley of drawworm. Oh, how I adore it.

I hope I'm not boring all of you with this incessant tour of the house! ;)

13 comments:

  1. not at all! I've been waiting very patiently to see more pictures of how the house is coming together and I'm excited that it's working out absolutely beautifully for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! You've got great taste (especially in pillows, haha!) Thanks for sharing the pics...I LOVE the color of the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new house is looking so dreamy! I just love it. I have one of Artquirk's prints (one of her Edinburgh ones) as well - aren't they beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I'm so psyched to see my drawing in your house. :) I LOVE the frame you found for it, the round mat really suits the old-fashioned look of the paper. Thanks for posting these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness- I don't think I could EVER get bored looking at pictures of your house- it has so much character and you have such a fab sense of style :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my, I think we all look forward to following you thru this journey it is like you have an open house just for us
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it ALL! I'm so so so tempted by a TushTush piece... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh ooh that pillow is love. and, i never tire of house tours and other personal tidbits, keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The artwork looks great hanging on your wall!

    I've nominated you for a sunshine blog award - you can see the details on my blog! :)
    http://hazelfishercreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed this up-close tour of the details!
    ;^)
    VERY nice!
    ;^)
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That book on the shelf in the last picture is so cool! is it a sculpture?

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!