Monday, April 19, 2010

Before and after #3

Ok, time for before and after #3- I've been working so hard, which I hope makes up for my blogging absence! I also STILL don't have internet at the new house so that's been really hard. I'm at the old house right now so I can post this! The photo below is what the living room looked like as the seller had it. The photo is small and poor quality, and it was taken by the seller:

And here is how it looks now (click photo twice to zoom):

It's a bad photo but I just couldn't get a good shot of the room- you get the idea! I have my favorite Urban Outfitters afghan draped over the couch that was kindly left to me by the seller because he knew it would be a while before I could get one of my own. For now, it works. I still have to get new curtain rods- the curtains are actually charcoal gray and have a raised floral pattern.

Here is Finn taking a rest on the old footed chest in front of the big window:

Isn't he handsome?!

I'll be taking better photos soon (ones that show the other side of the room). Phew. I'm tired!

22 comments:

  1. it looks so much bigger with your items and fresh.
    The curtains look purple in the pic which really makes the afghan pop. BUt then you said they were gray they don't look gray at all. Isn't redecorating fun at first then starts to lose its excitement after awhile. NO internet, I would go insane...
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the curtains were purple at first too, haha. Looks really nice though! I like that old chest, and I see your little baby toes succulent too! Sorry to hear you don't have internet at your new house... Your new house is coming along well, hope you're doing well too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, that's the same fabric as my purse! hehe Looks nice! I like your succulent too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt draped on the couch & the wall color is so bright & happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is so lovely! what a nice room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fantastic!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful! You have worked so very hard to put your touch on it and it has "come to life" so nicely.
    ;^)
    Rest now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the afghan and the room is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ... very nice. cozy and charming. love your kitty and baby-toes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. Love your art collection and the afghan is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's beautiful! I love how you're making that house your own

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks gorgeous! Your hard work is really paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looking lovely! i cannot believe how much seating the previous owner tried to cram into that one room! btw i am SO in love with that chest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks so lovely!! Love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ditto everyone! It's gorgeous Amy! Looks like you're loving it! I can't wait to have my very own little house one day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's looking great - you've done so much work!! Love the green walls and white furniture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. it looks so good amy! the afghan just makes the whole room. i love the color of the walls. so happy to see it all coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the wall color- you have been working so hard! You can tell how much love is in with the hard work- you are creating such a beautiful home Amy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. love it, and I see the naomi print! I've been wanting a granny square afghan for a while too, I love how it works in your room.

    ReplyDelete
  20. very nice love the colours you picked for the room!

    ReplyDelete
  21. your room looks great.. love that giant window, bet you always have amazing light coming in. also, i am drooling over that chest/bench thing in front of the window!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How can you still not have internet. If I didn't have internet I'd be going nuts.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!